
After 6 weeks in South East Asia, it was definitely time to recharge my spiritual batteries. So, once again I find myself in Puttaparthi, India at the lotus feet of Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba, the avatar of our age. It's good to be home.
It's feckin boiling here, though. I've been in India and other parts of Asia a number of times but this is the hottest weather I've ever experienced. Over the past few days, the temperature has steadily climbed over the 40 deg C mark. Of course, that's in the shade. After just a couple of minutes in the sun, I'm sweating like buggery, my skin is burning and I'm feeling a headache come on. A cold beer would definitely, go down nicely, but alas (this being a place for serious contemplation and reflection) there is none to be had. As a (distant) consolation though, the kiosks in the ashram sell bottles of Pepsi, 7-Up etc at Rs6 a pop- that's about 8 pence. Ice creams are a shilling. Not too bad.
I was tempted to stay here long term, like many other Westerners, but I reckon it's time to cease being idle and start looking for gainful employment again. So, maybe I'll get on that April 10th flight from KL to Perth after all....
Om Sai Ram!
No comments:
Post a Comment